A Message about Coronavirus/COVID-19 from Richmond Night Market Management
The Richmond Night Market has been following developments regarding the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19 and will continue to monitor and assess the evolving situation. Our thoughts are with those affected during these very unsettling times and we want to share more information with you about our actions to help keep our guests, and communities safe and healthy.
We are working closely with local health authorities for information and guidance and preparing for the possible scenarios related to COVID-19. We will ensure the right plans and resources are in place with the guidance from the City of Richmond and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) to protect the health and safety of all visitors.
Richmond Night Market will have high standards of cleanliness for the event. We are implementing the following onsite health and safety protocols:
- All booths will be provided with guidelines and packs for maintaining hygiene standards
- Training for Event Staff, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Additional signage onsite for reminders about the hygiene protocols
- Easy access to handwashing stations and hand sanitizers in the food court and entrance areas
- Outlined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Quick response to spills, trash, and other situations
- Extra sanitation of high-volume areas especially touchpoints – e.g. all tables and chairs, game facilities
- Increase medical support onsite
These measures will also be communicated with our vendors and exhibitors onsite. We urge all event participants to take caution and follow these guidelines as they are the best methods suggested against contamination from the virus.
The Vancouver Coastal Health recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses like coronavirus/COVID-19. We strongly encourage our event attendees to stay home when sick, wash hands frequently and adequately, follow proper respiratory cough etiquette, avoid close contact with people who are sick and avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. We continue to communicate about these recommendations, as well as other important health information, to our vendors and event staff.
As always, our focus is on the health and well-being of our event staff, vendors, guests and the larger community, and we look forward to welcoming you at Richmond Night Market very soon. If you have any questions about visiting Richmond Night Market, or about our response to coronavirus, you can learn more on the Richmond Night Market website and Facebook page, or call 604-244-8448.